Its 10AM and you are already thinking about what to have for lunch? Welcome to the club! Here are my favorite high protein lunch ideas from my go to bloggers.
Chickpea Tuna Salad By Skinnytaste
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounce can wild albacore tuna, drained (I like American Tuna)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers, plus 2 tablespoons of the brine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- chopped lettuce…I prefer Arugula
Its very complicated recipe. Mix together and eat it!
Serving: 1 generous cup,
Calories: 273kcal, Carbohydrates: 36g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 510mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 2g
Tarragon Chicken Salad By The Defined Dish
- 4 cups cooked chicken, loosely shredded I use rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely diced sweet onion or yellow onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbsp homemade mayo or @primalkitchenfoods
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Mix it. Chill it. Eat it over your favorite raw veggies or lettuce.
Serving 4 – Cal: 375, Fat: 24g, Carb: 25.3g, Protein: 18.2g
Spicy Chicken Bowl By Angie Alles
2 Spicy(ish) Chicken Tenders (@caulipower)
1 T olive oil
1 c cauliflower rice
1 c spinach
1/2 black beans
1/2 red pepper (cut into chunks)
2 T @primalkitchenfoods Buffalo sauce
1. Cook tenders is the oven according to the package directions.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and add cauliflower rice. Sauté until done
3. Heat beans on the stove or in the microwave for about 2 minutes or so.
4. Assemble bowls with spinach, rice, beans, and red peppers, and sliced chicken tenders.
5. Drizzle Buffalo sauce on top and ENJOY!
Protein-29g, Carbs-46g, Fat-11g