RUN PROJECT VOLUNTEER
Race for free, earn free merchandise, and help change lives
Click Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities button below
JOIN THE TEAM! Be part of the Texas’ premiere half marathons, 10K and 5K races and help to transform thousands of lives every race.
What you’ll earn:
- Amazing experience to be part of the local running community
- Official Run Project Volunteer T-shirt
- Be part of a friendly-race for free Food & beverages
- Volunteer 4-6 hrs = FREE 5K or 10K Run Project race comp
- Volunteer 6+ hrs = FREE Half Marathon Run Project race comp
Volunteers that help set-up or tear down the whole production. Volunteers are the first ones to arrive and the last to go home.
Volunteers that are placed at the start/finish/sponsor venue to help distribute or monitor items for participants.
These volunteers could be responsible for things like medal distribution, food monitoring, water distribution for example.
Volunteers responsible for distributing swag items to participants before the race begins. This position is asked to come early to the start/finish venue to help get runners checked in.
Volunteers that are strategically placed along the race route to direct and cheer on athletes at specific intersections/locations. Volunteers may also have to redirect any traffic that approaches the race route.
Water Stop Volunteer
Volunteers stategically placed along the race route to set-up, serve and tear down water station. Supplies are provided by race staff.
Thank you so much for your interest in lending a helping hand!
We LITERALLY couldn’t put on great races without people like you!
I can't run on race day. Can I still volunteer?
Yes! Run Project is always looking for volunteers with fun and energetic personalities to help make our event a success!
What are my duties as a volunteer?
- Setup and tear down
- Start-Finish Line
- Packet pick up
- Food prep
- Water stops
- Course marshals
- Handing out awards
What do I get for volunteering?
- 4-6 hrs volunteering = 5K or 10K Run Project race comp
- 6+ hrs volunteers = half marathon run project race comp
- Credit toward community service for school/college (must be 14 with an adult)
- Fun experience making new friends and giving to running community.
Who can I contact with more questions?
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org