Try these! Great pre-run snack with no refined sugar! Yes, it is a little effort but you will thank me.
Yield: makes 12 muffins
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini (excess water removed) I use food processor
- 1/2 cup shredded apple (excess water removed) I use food processor
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (excess water removed) I use food processor
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ – 2 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- Mix wet ingredients (first 8 ingredients) in a large bowl and stir until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until just mixed. Batter will be very thick. Stir well to ensure all flour is mixed in.
- Scoop into greased or lined muffin tins. I use avocado oil spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until fork or toothpick comes out clean.
*Adapted from the LeanGreenBean.com