- olive oil spray
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 – 15 oz cans white northern beans (or pick your favorite. I use one can of white northern and one of pinto beans)
- 1 – 15 oz can of black beans
- 15 oz can organic pumpkin puree
- 4.5 oz can chopped green chile
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro, red onion for topping (optional
- Greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream for topping (optional)
- Heat a large skillet high and spray with oil.
- Add oil and sauté onions, garlic and cumin. Pour into crockpot
- Return skillet to range. Add turkey and cook, breaking it up. Pour into the crockpot.
- In crockpot add beans, pumpkin puree, green chilis, broth, chili powder, oregano, and bay leaves . Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and season to taste. Add optional toppings and ENJOY!
Macros: Serving: 1 Cup, Calories: 275 kcal, Carbs: 32g, Protein: 31g, Fat: 3g,