- 1 can of no salt black-eye peas
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice,
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup cooked corn (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 medium diced avocado
- optional: Diced green bell pepper
- Rinse and drain the black eyed peas in a colander.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, oil, cumin, and salt and mix well.
- Add the black-eyed peas, corn, tomato, red onion, and cilantro; mix well and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to eat, gently mix in the avocado and serve right away with chips of your choice